Also known as Thai Black Ginger, K. parviflora has been used to promote male sexual health for years, but only now been studied in the west. It works by promoting nitric oxide synthesis, which relaxes blood vessels and enables healthy blood flow, the key to healthy male sexual response.3,4 It also encourages a healthy brain response to sexual stimuli and helps to inhibit an enzyme that can affect male sexual response.1,5 And it does both things independently of hormone levels. In an eight-week randomized, double-blind clinical study, K. parviflora extract promoted a healthy male sexual response as compared to placebo.2
1. J Integr Med. 2018;16(4):249-254.
2. Online J Biol Sci. 2012;12(4):149-155.
3. Reproduction. 2008;136(4):515-522.
4. Phytother Res. 2010;24(10):1520-1525.
5. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;137(3):1437-1441.